Monday, August 27, 2012

One thousand nine hundred ninety six miles

This is a revision of what Jordan told me as he found out things about Coe...he was only two miles off of his 1,998 :) It's far, college was the goal not distance! He seems pretty comfortable at his temporary home and showed me all buildings not academic. I saw the racquet center, the field house, the dorm, the dining hall but I didn't see a classroom until we had an event scheduled there. I guess his Monday classes would come soon enough.
His roommate, Tyler, is a nice young man from Cedar Point not too far from Cedar Rapids. He is playing football and will play baseball as well. He is a pitcher so I think they will get along fine. The dorm was hopping as we unpacked Jordan...lots of other freshmen and the fall athletes were on campus. I love the hustle and bustle of back to school.
Jordan will work with the athletic dept. for his work study program. I think he will be spending many hours in the field house for work and as baseball practice begins. Lots of things to keep him busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment