Thursday, September 1, 2011

Another September

It's that time again...back to school. Usually a celebrated time of year but this is Jordan's senior year. Mixed feelings from "sad" to "thank goodness!" I really wish I had figured out how to freeze frame them when they were small. It was good when Sydney was in third grade and Jordan in first. How do we go back in time? They were pretty darn cute then. Now, not so much. Well, they are still keepers but what I cherish about them comes and goes. Love, love, love having the girl around. She will be missed once she leaves for school. Proud to say she has worked hard this summer. On the other hand, Sydney sure has to get a lot of "words" in these days and I don't like "no" out of her mouth. I don't much like anything out of Jordan's mouth but I do like a good snuggle. At this point of his teen years he is only around to eat, sleep and poop! And let's not forget to take every last penny from us. I'm sure someone finds peace with the phrase "this too shall pass." Me, not so much and the"happy dance" I reserve for this time of year...well, I think I'll hold out until Jordan finds a job. Soon! Lord, please hear my prayer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment