Friday, September 18, 2009

Life's little lessons

Do you ever wonder..."if I didn't have kids, what would I be doing?" Motherhood, parenthood, whatever it is you call it! I would not trade it for anything. I do love my kids, unconditionally. However, I do not think this is always reciprocal. They hold a grudge and dredge up the past. Time and again! We do not have a foolproof plan of who does what around here, and maybe we should, but I expect everyone to pitch in. Lots of it I could easily do because I am home and I have the time. No matter how hard we try to teach the kids a sense of responsibility or a sense of ownership they fight us tooth and nail. Does the lesson get lost in the yelling & frustration? It's a daily battle with two teenagers. How did we get here? And in a blink of an eye they will be gone...guess I'll have to figure out how to savor these moments. Did I mention I do not have a taste for sour things. Is this why the kids like Sour Patch candies?

No comments:

Post a Comment