Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Drinks by the pool=$24, souveniers=$100, time away from the kids=priceless!




Steve has been asking why I haven't put anything about our vacation on here yet. Well, I don't know why. It's work I guess and I want to still be on vacation. We had a fabulous time and words don't even begin to express! The trip Steve earned to Marco Island, FL was so-oo-o nice. Beautiful beach, sunshine and a great place to RELAX! The temperature was in the upper eighties and we had a great breeze everyday. Do you really want to hear we laid on the beach, by the pool and went to the spa? Ate too well and too much. We had a boat cruise out and about the island. The many dolphins and shell searching were among the highlights. I want to go again next year babe!
A personal note to all who sunburn: I highly recommend Walgreen's SPF 30 sunblock. It is water resistant and effective. I used it for the first two days and got absolutely nothing! Steve and I didn't even look like we were on the same vacation. I lightened up on the use of this stuff and got a bit of color before coming home. Yea! In summary, it worked a bit too good for me but perfectly for Steve, as his sweaty head never got sunburned.
When our time at this resort came to an end we moved on to Orlando to go see Mickey and his friends. So many rides and atrractions to see. We barely knew where to start...Indiana Jones stunt show, on to a backlot tour and topped the day with a rollercoaster ride. All was fun but we walked and walked and walked. It was just a tad bit warmer and more humid than what we had just been in. All said and done we had fun but left us wanting another day at the spa.
Back home and dose of reality! Cold, rainy and back to shuffling the kids here and there. Wouldn't have it any other way! Thank you to everyone for helping out and making this all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment